Product Marketing Manager
Do you love food AND technology? If you are salivating at the thought of combining both these things, read on!
Our Client, Squirrel Systems, revolutionized the hospitality industry by introducing the first touchscreen restaurant POS system. They are looking for an experienced marketer to help formalize their product marketing function.
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, you’ll become the hub that aligns product, marketing, and sales with an understanding of the market, buyers, and needs of the hospitality technology industry. This is a hands-on role that will require strong collaboration between various stakeholders as well as a good understanding of the fundamentals of product marketing in a B2B environment. This position will have strong-growth potential as the function evolves and grows.
• Understanding the hospitality technology market through sales insight, research and competitive analysis as well as building a solid understanding of Squirrel Systems current offerings.
• Understanding their various target markets and their unique needs including the restaurant industry and leisure and entertainment companies such as hotels, stadiums and casinos.
• Leveraging your experience in product marketing teams to establish methodologies and best practices to build a repeatable new product introduction process.
• Managing the go-to-market plan for our product launches including providing the core product information that supports marketing and sales in the production of their plans.
• Working closely with Sales Support to coordinate the integration of new products into the sale process. Activities include training, the development of product demos and scripts, and various sales tools such as product collateral, white papers, datasheets, and videos.
• Building a strong relationship with the product team to share priorities, insights and plans and to gather the content required to produce product materials as well as participating in meetings with them as needed to be aware of the current and planned development.
• Aggregating and compiling competitive information from the sales and marketing teams and external sources to help them be more competitive and increase win percentages.
• 4+ years of Product Marketing experience in a product marketing team within a B2B software and hardware company.
• Preferences will be given to candidates with restaurant experience.
• Proven ability to communicate technical information coherently, both verbally and in writing, to internal and external customers.
• Strong management skills and an ability to work with multiple functions.
• Proven ability to build relationships and work effectively and confidently at all levels of an organization, including interaction with senior management.
• Attention to detail with the ability to self-manage project deadlines and dependencies.
• Proven dedication to enabling quality through continuous improvement.
Wondering where you stand if you're a job seeker? Here's an overview of what you can expect on the job hunting end.
This seems self-explanatory. You've polished, edited, fabuloused your resume for us, so you've applied to a job or registered through our online portal. Your resume then makes its way to us via email.
We are a client-facing business so we’re actively seeking people that fit our client’s requests. If you’re a fit for a role, we’ll reach out via email or phone to chat further about the opportunity with you. If the opportunity aligns with your career trajectory, we’ll continue the discussion from there. If you’re not a fit for a role, we’ll do our best to let you know that so we can keep your job hunt respected and honest.
If we've contacted you with an opportunity that you're interested in pursuing, we'll put you through a screening process called the Online Career Profile. It's an online questionnaire that allows us to get to know you more in-depth: what you've achieved, where you want to go, your views on corporate culture. It takes about an hour to complete, but we promise the investment will be worth the return so we can find you a perfect match.
We then meet face-to-face with you to flush out your OCP further and get to know you on a personal level. If following this both parties see a great fit for the role in mind, we then introduce you to our client to go through their interview and hiring process.